News and Press releases
Groupe BPCE: Results for the 3rd quarter and the first 9 months of 2013
Strong commercial dynamism
- Robust growth in revenues generated by the core business lines : +7.1% in Q3-13 vs. Q3-12
- Growth in Commercial Banking and Insurance outstandings: on-balance sheet savings +9.9% and loan outstandings +6.2%
- Natixis: strong growth in revenues from all business lines (Wholesale Banking +7.5%, Investment Solutions +14.7%, Specialized Financial Services +8.7% in Q3-13 vs. Q3-12)
Confirmation of the positive trends in results in 2013
- Q3-13 attributable net income, excluding the revaluation of the Group’s own debt: €779 million, up 10.7% compared with Q3-12
- 9M-13 attributable net income, excluding the revaluation of the Group’s own debt: €2,319 million, up 12.3% compared with 9M-12
- The cost of risk remains moderate in a lackluster economic environment (31 bp in Q3-13 vs. 36 bp in Q2-13)
Continued strengthening of the financial structure
- Common Equity Tier-1 ratio under Basel 3[2,5] : 9.9%, +40 bp compared with June 30, 2013
- Two Tier-2 bond issues completed since July 2013 (€1 billion in July and $1.5 billion in October): overall capital adequacy ratio under Basel 3[5,6] increased to 12.7%
- Group’s loan-to-deposit ratio +126% (-6 points vs. September 30, 2012)
Accelerated disposal of non-customer assets
- GAPC: disposal of assets of €4.7 billion during the first nine months of 2013, making it possible to confirm that GAPC will be wound up by mid-2014
- Crédit Foncier: €3.1 billion of international asset disposals completed in the first nine months of 2013
Commercial Banking and Insurance, Wholesale Banking, Investment Solutions and Specialized Financial Services.
Pro forma of the buyback and subsequent cancellation by the Banque Populaire banks and the Caisses d’Epargne of the Cooperative Investment Certificates (CICs) held by Natixis.
Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne retail networks, excluding centralized savings products.
Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne retail networks.
Estimate at Sept. 30, 2013, CRR/CRD4, as applied by Groupe BPCE, without transitional measures and after restatement to account for deferred tax assets.
Including the October 2013 bond issue.
Excluding SCF (Compagnie de Financement Foncier, the Group’s société de crédit foncier - a French legal covered bonds issuer).